Search This Blog

Monday, July 23, 2012

GrowWNY Announced "Go Outside" Map

GrowWNY has put together a fantastic resource for WNY'ers:  The "Go Outside Map", which lists many, many, many outdoor resources for WNY'ers to enjoy.

Their main reason for doing this was that people here don't really know what organizations like GrowWNY are trying to conserve.  So, they pieced this together so people can actually see, and use, the things we're working to keep.

I know if you hop over there, you'll find something new to go and explore.  I've lived here for over 30 years, and found things I didn't know were here.  Many of the things are no-cost, and some are low cost.  I didn't see anything there very expensive to go and enjoy.

I encourage everyone to check it out, and if you thought it was useful, donate some time or money to this group.  They do fantastic work day in, and day out to keep our beautiful green spaces green, and to assist in making more green spaces here at home.

In fact, I'm going to challenge all of my readers:  Pick one thing on that map that you've not visited before, and go do it.  We've got gorgeous weather right now (Hot, humid; but sunny!).  Then, come back and let us know what it was like.

No comments:

Post a Comment