Search This Blog

Friday, May 25, 2012

Testifying in Court

Wednesday, I had to testify in court.  Had to, isn't quite the right phrase.  I wanted to, but if I didn't, I would have gone to jail.

The Assistant District Attorney seemed like a tool to me.  He kept objecting to most everything, including reiterations of my own testimony, repeated by my lawyer.  He called that "Leading the witness".

I was on the stand for about an hour total, including a recess that the judge ordered while I was on the stand.

Oddly, I swore in on a bible.  Meh.  Everyone else seemed to want to abstain from it.  I didn't care, my goal was to have my testimony be credible, and to get a journalist off the hook for being arrested for recording a police officer performing official duties.  More details can be found here: Murphy's Law (Many articles there, start at "Murphy's Law", and work up to VII).

Needless to say, I am pretty sure I knocked it out of the ballpark.  I gave a list of the security clearances I've held in the past, all the jobs I've held (Some rather impressive ones), to include being an Iraqi War vet.  How in the hell are you supposed to impeach testimony offered by someone with that credentialing?

I'm pretty sure, since it's a jury trial, the state will lose it's case.  And, hopefully, Donna Donavan will lose her job on the Buffalo Police force, to allow room for cops who won't lie to toss someone in jail.

Speaking of this whole thing (Arresting people for videotaping LEO's), it seems Buffalo has a horrible record of it.  There's this video (From My Unbalanced Opinion)

And, this case (From The Buffalo Beast):

Hey!  CoB!  Mayor Brown!  Tell your cops that it's totally fine for citizens to record them.  It's called "Watching the watchers".  It's like I told Joe Golombek:  If you wonder why citizens wont work with cops, it's because they don't trust them.  I don't.  And, I'm a law-abiding, upstanding (If progressive) citizen, who loves this city.

No comments:

Post a Comment