Search This Blog

Friday, May 18, 2012

Obama or Romney?

So, the election for President is down to Romney and Obama.  What a shocker, seeing as Romney has been the media darling for quite some time now.

Now, what is shocking, is Paladino rubbing elbows with Gingrich.  I do know, that was a shocker for me, until a rep from Mike Madigan's campaign showed up at my doorstep.  We were discussing candidates, and how the GOP has fallen from the conservative values they espouse.

But, back to the subject:  Romney or Obama?

Well, you might be shocked:  I am still split.  I'm waiting until the VP is official.  I was a McCain supporter up until Palin was selected (More on that in a later post, maybe).

Biden is a "meh" VP.  He does no harm, and has little chance of needing to step up to the presidential seat.  Now, if Romney picks a strong, solid VP like Huntsman, I might consider him.  But, that's only because when the rubber meets the road, I don't think there's much difference between Obama and Romney, to be honest.  Now, if Romney picks someone like Rubio, yeah, I'm running towards Obama like a sailor runs for the nearest dive bar when their ship docks.

So, as it sits now:  Undecided.  If I had to pick right now, I'd say Obama, because Obama's track record is pretty clear:  Slightly left leaning centrist.  Romney is a wild card.  One moment he says X, then he says he is supporting -X (In math terms, the opposite of X).

InTrade, however, has Obama leading by a very comfortable lead.  So, if you a betting person, bet on Obama (For now).  Intrade has been quite reliable in the past.  If you want to take a long shot, bet on Romney.

This could all change.  I don't see it happening, as Romney is doing what all GOP'ers to:  Pander to the extreme fringe, driving voters to the most centrist, Obama.

No comments:

Post a Comment